Aim: To help participants manage difficult behaviour and encourage positive behaviour instead..
- Four main types of behaviour
- Four manipulative types of behaviour with a view to participants identifying their own.
- Thinking skills and how negative thinking leads to negative outcomes
- Motivating others; how do you currently do that and what do you need to do differently?
- Listening effectively and developing those skills.
- Questioning skills.
- Building rapport
- Giving supportive feedback
Those who would benefit:
Anyone who ahs difficulty with negative behaviour either in themselves or others.